The System and Compressed Memory Service high CPU usage is an annoying problem for users Windows 10. They have long been reporting to see this service occupies tons of memory, disk and CPU usage when they check Task Manager.
Fix The Windows 10 System and Compressed Memory Service High CPU Usage problem
So in this tutorial, I will give you a few methods that you can try:
Method 1. Scan your computer for viruses and malicious programs
Many users Windows 10 have reported that some many viruses or malicious programs can cause System and compressed memory high CPU usage problem. So, before going to methods below to troubleshoot the problem, I highly recommend you to use the trusted antivirus programs to check and remove malicious programs and viruses that may be running on your computer.
Method 2. Disable Hibernate and Fast Startup
Step 1. You follow the steps: Start button > Control Panel (View by Large icons) > Power Options.
Step 2. In the left side of the pane, you click Choose what the power button do.
Step 3. Then you click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Step 4. Now you scroll down and uncheck the “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” option and press Save changes.
Step 5. Next, you will go back to Power Options window, and click Change plan settings this time.
Step 6. Move on, you click Change advanced power settings.
Step 7. At this step, expand Sleep category and you will set the Sleep after and Hibernate after options to Never. Then click Apply to save changes.
Step 8. Then in this same window, expand PCI Express category, you will set the Link State Power Management to Maximum power savings. Now you click Apply then OK to save changes and close.
Step 9. Finally, you restart your computer and check if the System and Compressed memory high CPU usage problem persist.
Method 3. Turn off Notifications for Windows tips
Step 1. First of all, you click Settings from Start menu.
Step 2. At settings window, you click System (Display, Notifications, apps, power) to go to step 3.
Step 3. Now you click Notifications & actions and then set the Show me tips about Windows notifications to OFF (as picture below).
Step 4. Finally, you close settings window and check if the System and Compressed memory high memory usage problem persist.
Method 4. Disable Superfetch Service
Step 1. You launch Command Prompt as Administrator.
Step 2. In the following command, you type: net.exe stop superfetch and tap Enter.
Step 3. Finally, you restart your computer and see if the problem continues.
Other Tips to prevent the System and Compressed memory high CPU usage
- Make sure that you have updated all drivers for your computer hardware especially the graphics card driver.
- Perform a Windows 10 Repair: If you’re getting the System and Compressed memory high usage problems with Windows 10 on your computer, you should be able to use push-button reset to refresh or reset Windows.
- Add more RAM: This is a useful method for your computer system. When your computer runs short of RAM, it’s forced to swap the overflow data on and off of the hard drive, which can cause System and Compressed memory high memory usage.
- Uninstall unnecessary applications: You can also try to uninstall unnecessary applications to fix the System and Compressed memory high CPU usage on Windows 10. To do that, you go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program to uninstall any programs that you don’t want use.
- Finally, I recommend you to close all idle applications and browser web pages.
I hope these methods above will help you fix the System and Compressed Memory Service High CPU Usage On Windows 10. If you have any other Windows 10 related errors you can check for the solution in my Windows 10 tips section. Thank you for reading! Can we please hit likes and share on this article?